why oh why are the chocolates after Christmas never-ending… I can’t get away from them, and it is reeking havoc with my skin! So I’ve turned to my trusted detox fix… A smoothie-a-day keeps those spots away!
but of course it would not be lovesian if I didn’t dish the dirt on my skin smoothie secrets…
Some of my top Skin perfecting ingredients:
- Berries– contains lots of anti-oxidants which can help protect your skin from cellular damage, which can cause wrinkling & age spots
- Almond Milk– lower in fat, so a better alternative to cows milk. Also containing Vitamin E which helps promote healthy skin growth
- Spinach– a potent anti-oxidant & good source of iron
- Udo’s Choice Beyond Greens– a well being & energy powder formula containing a wide range of greens, high in fibre & protein
- Pineapple– great for digestion (which helps you process all the goodness even better) & makes the taste just a touch sweeter
- Acai– again packed with tons of anti-oxidants, acai berries help eliminate toxins
- Honey– this is a natural humectant, which means it both attracts moisture & helps lock it in (exactly what your skin needs) I opt for Manuka Honey, as it possesses several healing properties as well as honeys usual properties
- Citrus Fruits– containing high vitamin C levels, this helps stop inflammation of the skin, tightens skin & prevents wrinkles
Add some of these ingredients (or all of them) alongside your other favourite smoothie usuals… & let the goodness go to work!
Some of my top Smoothie tips:
- Freeze your fruit before blending- this makes your smoothie come out all thick and icey (Yum)
- Add ice – for an icey crunch
- Add fat free yoghurt to thicken it up
- Use pineapple, bananas, & honey, to sweeten it up, especially if your adding loads of veggies in that don’t always taste as nice
Im starting a 2 week Smoothie Challenge to Detox my body from all the naughty eating… Try & detox with me & have a smoothie a day!
Remember you ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!