Don’t you just hate those dreaded black heads! You know the ones that you end up marking your face over- and you still didn’t quite get it all out.. As gross as they are, we all get them from time to time & I’m here with my Beauty Tips as always- so that your blackheads can well and truly BE GONE!
Do you have a good skin routine?
If you are a regular reader, you will know that I am all for having a great skincare routine (although at times it can be slightly time consuming) – but it’s always worth it!
So.. Don’t forget!
- Drink lots of water… BLA BLA BLA everyone says this – yup they sure do! Because it’s one one of the best ways to keep your skin hydrated, which in turn just helps your skin maintain a better looking & healthier quality. I swear by it!
- Cleanse thoroughly… Don’t you dare go to bed with an ounce of that makeup left on your face, get it all off & cleanse thoroughly!
- Exfoliate.. You should be exfoliating once a week minimum & 3 times a week maximum
- Use a good quality moisturiser… This is not only good for sun protection, anti-ageing, and improving the texture of your skin, but a good quality moisturiser will act as a barrier throughout the day- this way your makeup doesn’t completely seep into all your pores- clogging them up!
- Fruit & Veg… Just like my original water tip, good skin really does come from within. It’s all about what you put into your body too! The anti-oxidants in most fruit and veg help with ageing alone, but the vitamins and nutrients that they hold can really help your skin with break outs.
Okay- so enough with the prevention tips! Sometimes we can do all this and still end up with black heads… So here’s what to do if you have them!
Face masks & pore opening strips:
Essentially you need to open your pores up again to try and get rid of whatever is buried deep within them… One option is you can steam your face- but if you don’t fancy this option you can use some good quality face masks or pore opening strips to do the same job! Here is some I would recommend: Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Facial Pore Strips
or Quick Fix Facials Scrub Mask
Use a tool- not your fingers:
Only ever use your fingers with washed/clean hands and gently pinch your blackhead, without using your nails! Using a blackhead tool will actually be much more effective and helps you not to damage the surrounding skin in the struggle to relieve yourself of those blackheads. Here’s one I would recommend: The Body Shop – Double ended Blackhead Remover
This helps prevent further blackheads, and also helps get into the pores of ones that are already there. For this process I would recommend an exfoliating pad such as : The Body Shop- Face loofah Pads
Do these steps once a week, you should see a massive difference the first time alone, but unfortunately if you haven’t already been doing this you may have some really deep black heads that do take a couple tries to get! Don’t stress, and don’t repeat too soon- once a week is perfect for giving them a little time to get closer to the surface and your not going to damage your skin in the process!
So say it with me … BLACK HEADS BE GONE!