Pancake day is here! & yes that is your cue to Pig Out… Cheat day here I come!
So I decided to do a yummy Pancake post for you all, especially as I am referred to as “The Pancake maker” in my household- & have learnt all my pancake making skills from my Nan.. So I’m basically an expert! Lol
Pancakes… The basics!
- Always have a hot pan! Before you put the mix in
- Keep your pan greesed (or it all gets a little sticky)
- Whisk it up gooooood- no lumps allowed
- Always use plain flour
- For thin pancakes/crepes- mixture consistency should be runny & thin
- For thick american styled fluffy pancakes use plain flour with baking soda- consistency of mix must be thicker
But of course … I can’t give away all my secrets! & anyone who knows me, knows I never follow a recipe to the dot anyway- it’s got to be done by feel and eye, however it wouldn’t be Lovesian if I didn’t try and clue you all up on a couple tricks, so here are some amazing recipes below! Click & get Pancaking people!!!
Toppings you say?
- lemon & sugar
- maple syrup & butter
- maple syrup with fruit (strawberries or berries work really well)
- warm apple slices with cinnamon and sugar sauce
- peanut butter & banana
- & whatever you like.. It’s your pancake!
So ditch those shop bought pancakes & pre-made mixes… & give it a go yourself! I would love to see some pics of all your attempts- so click on my ‘Contact’ tab: Tweet me, email me or @ me on Instagram! Pancake day here we come!